ccluster[a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x]

Anime and Manga - /a/[Catalog][Board FAQ]

[?]

TopBottom
Image Thumbnail

ITT: post your favorite anime/s of all times, chums I'll start 1/2 >fav comedy shin chan >fav ecchi golden boy >fav fantasy berserk >fav mecha shin getter robo armageddon >fav sci-fi akira

>>

2/2 >fav moe strawberry marshmallow >fav shonen yu yu hakusho or dr slump r8, h8, appreci8

>>

I don't know genres unforunately but I'll try my best >comedy Nichijou >ecchi Is this the same as hentai? La Blue Girl If not. If its just like "sexy anime" then Kiss x Sis >fantasy Fist of the North Star >mecha Gundam got me into mecha but I really REALLY enjoyed Zoids anime >sci fi cowboy bebop >moe Lucky Star >shonen DragonBall

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>1158 >Is this the same as hentai? no it's like lewd anime without nudes or sex but yeah pretty good taste my man I'd rate 9/10 but only because I've never watched nihijou

>>

>>1159 B Gata or Oreimo were pretty l-lewd So I guess I'll choose them then

>>

You know what for "ecchi as fuck" would be the WHOLE -gatari Series Every FUCKING series is about some fuck trying to rape a loli vampire I personally never seen any episodes of those animes but every time I browse Sankaku Channel there is always a motherFUCKING loli vampire trying to get raped

>>

plus isn't the -gatari series the anime that introduced brushing a little loli vampire's teeth? and everybody found out they had a fetish for molesting a young girl with a toothbrush

>>

(1/2) Ho-hum. I don't watch anime like I used to now that I've switched over primarily to manga but I'll stick to anime for the sake of this thread. Some of the genres would generally overlap with each other on some of the anime but I'll just keep them separate. >Comedy Konosuba >Ecchi Love Hina >Fantasy Log Horizon >Mecha Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann >Sci-fi Dennou Coil >Slice of Life Genshiken

>>

>>1182 (2/2) >Thriller Elfen Lied >Mystery Monster >Moe The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya >Shonen Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood >Original (?) Mushishi >Hentai Princess 69 >OVA/ONA Time of Eve >Full-length film The Girl Who Lept Through Time ...Did I do this right?

>>

>>1182 Did you finish Manga Genshiken?? one of the worst fucking ending mangas i ever read went on far too long and the ending sucks ass fuck that manga anime was so good though

>>

>>1194 You must not be a fan for details. I watched the anime before I read the manga and personally I preferred the manga as the anime jumps ahead in time way too much without explaining what happens in between each episode. Or you just haven't read that many manga. There are plenty out there with truly shitty endings. But those ones tend to be shitty to begin with lol.

>>

>>1197 well i saw/read them at same time so i coluld compare either way no i dont read a lot of mangas till completion

>>

>>1182 >>1184 >Konosuba >Love Hina >Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann >The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya >Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood>>1184 good taste overall, but elfenlied is kinda too edgy for me to be honest but maybe thats just me

>>

>>1201 That's probably because nowadays everyone and their weeaboo sister has seen it. I liked it because it was like the first truly gory anime I'd seen at the time (2005ish?) and I found it rather entertaining. I haven't really seen that many gory anime since that I enjoyed (like Hellsing--I couldn't give two shits about that one) but the most violent manga I've read has been Magical Girl Apocalypse which puts EL to shame. There was an Internet TV station I used to watch off of Shoutcase (via Winamp) that streamed fan-subbed anime 24/7 with the episodes back-to-back and no ads and the owner would run an anime for maybe 2-3 months straight then switch over to something else. I got to watch like 7 or 8 entire series on it and never missed an episode because they re-ran series so often. I miss those days. There was also a streaming site called Studio 65 (I believe) that had a shit ton of uploaded anime on it before it got shut down for copyright infringement. Both of these were either before YT or around its conception.

>>

>>1263 >*Shoutcast, not Shoutcase I don't know how many fan-subbing groups were big before Crunchyroll killed many of them but under the sci-fi genre I listed Dennou-Coil but I was really tempted to put down either .//Sign or Roots because when the Dattebayo fan-subbing group was still around they released all of .//Roots and I really enjoyed that series from watching .//Sign & .//Legend of the Twilight years before. I would have bought the games but they're really fucking expensive IRL and online. I also relied on DB for Shippuden, Bleach and TTGL (and the occasional goofy/mind-bogglingly clever Rune Golberg Machines from the Pythagora Switch show on off-days).

>>

>>1154 >BEST COMEDY, MOE & SLICE OF LIFE Lucky Star >BEST SCHOOL, HAREM & ROMANCE The World God Only Knows >BEST FANTASY, GAR & SEINEN Berserk >BEST MECHA, SCI-FI, DECONSTRUCTION, PSYCHOLOGICAL & ANIMATION Neon Genesis Evangelion >BEST SPORTS, ACTION, DRAMATIC, PLOT, CHARACTERS & SHONEN Ashita no Joe >BEST OVERALL Ashita no Joe

>>
Image Thumbnail

For me it's pretty much what >>2220 said except for me the best overall anime is the baken monogatari series.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>2221 bakemonogatari was so bad i dropped it 4 episodes in, it was surprising to me that the faults were strong enough to override the fact it was done by my favorite artist/animator akio watanabe... the dialogue was extremely bad and pretentious, the characters all fell under obvious archetypes and were as deep as a puddle, and it had a nonexistent setting/plot. i guess i can see its appeal in being a root on your waifu harem series for neckbeards, but perhaps i missed something since i only got through 4 episodes. is it really worth watching? why in the world does this have such high reviews?

>>

>>2222 If you didn't like it and dropped it at episode #4 of season 1, then baken monogatari is not for you, simple as that. Nothing wrong with having your own taste.

>>

>>1159 >nihijou it is a masterpiece

>>

>>2224 Well that's a pretty lame defense. You really couldn't come up with anything better than "You have your opinion and I have mine"? And it's called "Bakemonogatari", by the way, not "Baken Monogatari".

Update 5