ccluster[a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x]

global - /global/[Catalog][Board FAQ]

[?]

TopBottom
Thread was moved to Off Topic

The first step to stop spammers has been taken. Anon IDs now require both a post count and active days to unlock benefits: https://ccluster.com/app/AnonymousID/Benefits All existing anon IDs have been given 100 active days (days since ccluster.com launched) If you want to see the other upcoming changes, check: https://ccluster.com/global/thread/22198

>>

Good good. What about board accounts though? I asked about this twice with no acknowledgement either time.

>>

I got this error when replying to a thread on a new account: >You do not have enough post count or active days with your anon ID to create new threads. Please check the benefits page for more information. wasn't trying to create a new thread

>>

>>22569 I wouldn't acknowledge you either tbh.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22570 Can confirm. I just made new account. I can't make a post either. No wonder there's no spam now. Spammers can't post at all. Way 2 fail Gad lel

>>

>>22570 >>22573 Try waiting another day. Maybe you need 2 days' worth of activity time to post as well (which probably wasn't intended though). >>22571 But you just did.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22574

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22575

>>
Media deleted

>>22570 This issue has been fixed. New IDs can reply again >>22569 Right now I'm only working on post spamming, as it will take some time to finish everything.

>>

>>22577 OK dokie then. Thanks for getting back with to me on that one (sorry for pestering you though).

>>

>>22569 Explain?

>>

>>22579 https://ccluster.com/global/thread/22198#22202 Many of the posts are made on dead boards so this would put a stop to that. I realize the spammer could just switch to a main board but spam tends to go undetected longer/missed when posted on an obscure board versus one that is well known.

>>

>>22581 KYS

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22573 >No wonder there's no spam now. >Spammers can't post at all. Thats a good thing

>>

>>22582 >12yo gmod with nothing better to contribute to the discussion >>22584 Clearly you weren't here earlier when a spammer was hitting a few dead boards.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22585 >12yo gmod If only

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22577 Thought I'd let you know but I noticed this when checking the post count after donating all but 1 of my posts to other accounts. The account I'm on now shows 106 active days which seems to be the highest out of all my accounts.

>>

>>22568 Thanks Gad

>>

Soooo consequences I forsee from this new measures: 1. Casual spammers will casual spam, lighter for gmods in general 2. CP spam will be very rare 3. Seriously autistic revenge spam will ocurr very sporadically 4. Pedofags will eventually leave to greener pastures 5. Activity will slow noticeably at first, hopefully making it more interesting in the near future. All in all, I believe it'll be better in the long run.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22645 Leave it to you to break shit

>>

>>22645 >fire You false reporting sack of shit

>>

>>22649 >>22650 >Obvious samefagging

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22647 >1. Casual spammers will casual spam, lighter for gmods in general Yes >2. CP spam will be very rare Funny there was actually CP spam yesterday not too long after the global thread >3. Seriously autistic revenge spam will ocurr very sporadically This is true, it too happen >4. Pedofags will eventually leave to greener pastures Not sure if bad thing or great thing >5. Activity will slow noticeably at first, hopefully making it more interesting in the near future. About the same

>>
Image Thumbnail

It's so funny to see the little spammer loosing his precious accounts, one after the other...

>>

>>22657 >Not sure if bad thing or great thing In the long run is better, this site won't be on the verge to be closed down, which will keep the posts and eventually a history, if we want more users we need stability IMO.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22651 Get gud

>>

>>22657 >"2. CP spam will be very rare" >Funny there was actually CP spam yesterday not too long after the global thread Key words: will be The system is still being coded in so of course there is still some spam...

>>

>>22665 Agreed, I bet the spammers have their stash of privileged accounts, but those will be wasted as soon as they spam again, with or without pictures the account will be permabanned, so eventually they'll run out of those.

>>

>>22666 Not if you make a new account every day and do some shit posting with them. Then use them to spam in rotation, oldest account first.

>>

>>22677 thats what hes doing, and his links are still clickable which require four days

>>
Image Thumbnail

I can has spam ?

>>
Media deleted

Fixed an exploit where a new anon ID would be able to get +1 Active days with every post on its second day. I was aware a bug like that might exist, but because that was the first thing I coded in the system it took me a while to finish everything and then go back and search if the issue really existed. Seeing an anonymous ID get 90 active days yesterday within a short time confirmed it

>>

>>22666 >>22677 If you pay close enough attention the spammer will post something simple (e.g "lol", "xD" "good") on one of the dead boards before it starts its spamming routine. Unfortunately you can't report it because it's not spam though.

>>

You should add an option to fill out like 30 difficult captchas to bypass the 2 day restriction.

>>

>>22696 There's an app that automatically solves all captchas.

>>

>>22696 If we weren't still blacklisted on Google then gadette probably could have implemented the new captcha system being put in place everywhere else. You know, the one where you pick out the cars until no more appear on the grid or circle the sign, etc.

>>

>>22695 True but if mods deletes all the posts of the spammer even those dissappears. Also there's no alternative for those, cutting those down would imply prevent any new user to post.

>>

>>22746 Oh, i was explaining but you got it, good.

>>

>>22745 >True but if mods deletes all the posts of the spammer even those dissappears. Except for the fact that sometimes those posts are made the day or two before the spam gets posted so that they can get their extra activity day in. >>22747 No actually I deleted it to re-edit my post.

>>

>>22748 >Except for the fact that sometimes those posts are made the day or two before the spam gets posted so that they can get their extra activity day in. I don't see a way to moderate posts like that unless you have paranormal powers. How can you discriminate between crappy but honest posts and posts made to raise privileges if both types are just crappy?

>>

>>22744 He's already said he's not gonna use google captcha because of "tinfoil.PNG"

>>

>>22750 I asked gadette about that particular captcha system (because ours is a fucking joke) and that was basically the reason given as to why we weren't using it because it was Google-based to begin with.

>>

>>22749 >I don't see a way to moderate posts like that unless you have paranormal powers. That's because moderating such posts is a moot point to begin with.

>>

>>22755 >is a moot point to begin with. Hum, no.. You see: "moot" is used to reference an hypothetical discussion, a thought experiment, also it means useless or null. You can't moderate those posts it's not moot, it's just plain impossible, it would imply the moderator knows the intention of the poster disregarding the content of the post itself, that's why I said you'd need paranormal powers.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22756 >also it means useless or null. >useless Exactly. Also it can be used as an adjective for *debatable* according to my "The New American Webster Handy College Dictionary FOURTH EDITION". It's "UP-TO-DATE" so you can't question its authority.

>>

>>22757 Nice tangent, before posting I checked the webster on line to make sure I wasn't bullshitting so we're fundamentally agreed on the definition. Now, to the topic again, my point was that I believe you mis-read my reply, and more importantly, I still have no clue how to prevent minor spam. If you prevent initial posting, then not only spammers but also noobs won't be able to post. That would kill all spam but also all possible growing of the chan.

>>

>>22744 CCluster isn't blacklisted yet

>>

>>22750 We used to have Google captcha. It's a security issue to use anything Google.

>>

>>22758 And I'm agreeing that it's impossible, therefore pointless to try to do anything about it. I was just pointing out what I've been observing. >f you prevent initial posting, then not only spammers but also noobs won't be able to post. That would kill all spam but also all possible growing of the chan. It's not like it has been growing anyways. Unless you count the retards occasionally posting about wrong passwords in regards to the spammer's bullshit.

>>

Pretty cool the spams getting reduced now.

>>

>>22773 I bet the spammer's annoyed that they're not making the money they once were for spamming the shit out of this site.

>>

>>22774 >just reported 15+ pages' worth of spam Nevermind, spoke too soon.

>>

>>22785 Can't change the fact that gmods live in different time-zones

>>

>>22786 There was a sperg that wanted less mods, I guess it was a salty spammer

>>

>>22695 >If you pay close enough attention the spammer will post something simple (e.g "lol", "xD" "good") on one of the dead boards before it starts its spamming routine. It's a matter of cost / benefit, if the spammer has to do that for every spam wave, knowing that as soon as they spam they have to start all over again it's not profitable. That would filter spammers that do it for money, autist spammers will keep spamming for ever, you can't stop them but again, that all they do, it's their life, literally

>>

>>22745 >even those dissappears. Unfortunately they don't its a completely different account the only reason those posts disappear is because you may have a rogue mod onlline

>>

>>22789 Rougue mod as in? can you give an example?

>>

>>22790 wiping the posts in /test/ because they happened around the same time the spam was being posted

>>

>>22791 I think that was Gad...

>>

>>22791 AFAIK no one can wipe anything but gad...

>>

gad's a troll, confirmed xD

>>

>>22793 I'm happy with that idea as long as you're willing to pay the spammer an hourly salary for him to stop posting here

>>

>>22795 but then there's no rouge mod

>>

>>22796 there won't be any way when gad implements logs

>>

>>22798 Yeah, I wonder if the reports of mods will cast a light on people with an extremely sentitive butt instead. It'll be interesting...

>>

>>22799 It would be nice to see the loser who keeps calling out users publicly

>>

>>22800 Oh, I'm sure Gad knows who he is, or was...

>>

>>22800 >Still being butthurt about that Daily reminder gmods can see who reports a post.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22789 Or the user is deleting there own posts. Which makes sense to me.. >spammer makes a bunch of posts on /test/ >using new account >deletes own posts >noone reports those posts >even if they did they don't show up on reports screen >deleted posts still count towards anon ID benefits >spammer then uses old account he made days prior >spam spam spam >gets reported >I permab& and delete all user posts >rinse repeat

>>

>>22788 >autist spammers will keep spamming for ever piona

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22803 Pretty shitty to call out the person who reported the post though

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22838 >>22839

>>

how many active days do I have?

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22789 >rogue mod >rogue Holy shit someone can actually spell on here besides me.

>>
Image Thumbnail

hurr

>>
>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22789 LOL, only post like these are getting deleted. Perhaps the spammer is posting regular post then spamming so once spam gets reported and deleted all of their normal post do too

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22695 This is an example of what I was referring to. I found it rather suspicious for the same link to be randomly posted on 3 different boards with no relation to the thread's topic whatsoever. If you actually go to that link it's of a recently uploaded hip-hop Moroccan (?) song.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22868 Here is another, one post is in smalltits and the other is in this thread

>>

>>22870 >needs glasses >image consists of 3 different threads on 3 different boards which includes the two you mentioned

>>

>>22859 You're over thinking things.

>>

>>22868 He also did that over 24 hours ago but those posts are gone so I guess he got permabanned

>>

>>22884 One of the youtube links that got deleted got reposted on the exact same thread from /3dloli with spam right after it unsurprisingly.

>>

>>22884 I deleted the YouTube posts spammed across multiple boards. Don't didn't b& at all, or delete all user posts. I figured that was enough of a hint not to do it again.

>>

>>22918 T. rogue mod

Update 5