ccluster[a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x]

global - /global/[Catalog][Board FAQ]

[?]

TopBottom
Image Thumbnail
Thread was moved to Off Topic

How is the first step of the new anti spam system holding up in your opinion? Soon I'll start coding the next steps. Check the past global threads for more information

>>

>>22935 Well, it almost stopped all the spammers.

>>

>>22935 Not that good considering how much spam was just in this thread

>>

>>22935 Well the good point so far is that they can't spam cp images anymore

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22947 Kek

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>22935 >How is the first step of the new anti spam system holding up in your opinion? You tell me.

>>
Media deleted

>>22962 >>22971 >>22969 The amount of spam has greatly reduced due to the increased posting cooldown, and illegalimages are gone as anon mentioned. But we need trusted IDs to be able to hide posts with reports and also lock spammers from posting with normal ID reports to look cleaner. I will keep improving anti-spam measures as needed

>>

That youtube link keeps getting reposted. There's a good chance that's the spammer's cue.

>>

>>22971 >>22974 That looks more like autistic spam revenge than real spam...

>>

Its working okay its helping. If you let us legit users post without bullshit still Ill be okay. I know you need to follow drastic measures here. Its a start lets see if you can take it all the way, this is a huge problem.

>>

Why does ccluster have so much worse spam problems than other chans? What do other chans do? Someone should ask them.

>>

Why have you not followed up with the "Spam to delete:" thread? https://ccluster.com/gg/thread/5026

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>23013 Because butthurt, that's my theory. For too long pedos had more or less free reign here, now it's over they got really like REALLY butthurt. So why? Having so many pedos that kind of spam worked here. Now it's not viable anymore, but the trend will take some time to die.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>23013 Activity. Active Chan's have active mods. Half chan and Full chan have a 24/7 global mod presence. Also they have posters 24/7. Not to mention board owners and volunteers. 4kids has been around the longest and has the most ip bans of them all. Not only most proxy's/VPNs, also all Tor exit nodes, a few countries, and lots or range b&'s. Last but not least a cringy underage user base that reports everything. 8cuck as my second example has a few cringy boards that people actually bother to post on that are heavily moderated and then there's pol. Pol goes above and beyond and b&'s anyone that farts and coughs. It's the most strictly moderated board in the history of Chan's.

>>

>>23022 >inb4 2ch durrrrr English speaking Chan's are my focus.

>>

>>23013 Now to answer your question. The spammer and spam bot takes advantage of the lack of 24/7 moderation. I stop by here and delete spam a few times a day at least, but until we have an active 24/7 posting user base, no mod is going to lurk enough to actively delete spam as it happens. Also, 4chan/8chan still gets the same amount of spam we do, you just don't see it because of the quickness of all the moderation team. Too much spam on slow chan slows growth.Slow growth/lack of posting gives spammers/bots opportunity to take over. Rinse/repeat all other Chan's.

>>

>>23018 This is also a possibility. I personally owned /b on full chan for a year and a half lol. I made sure to wipe the board once or twice daily. Those are the days. Once they finally tightened up, I cold turkey stopped posting there all together.

>>

>>22935 IMO the spammer shouldn't of been able to make all those posts with a trusted account. I deleted all the spam less then 12 hours ago. Now there's 32 pages of CP I can't delete. No account should be able to achieve trusted account status in an 24 hour period.

>>

Holy crap, the spam skyrocketed with this thread. Did the spammer fouund a way to bypass the wait? There's a bunch of CP pics now and clickable links.

>>

>>23128 Also please put in an option to hide reported posts

>>

>>23013 8chan has problems with spam too, you don't see it because they don't show at the frontpage. But dead boards with no mods in it get spammed

>>

>>23014 People are reporting posts on that thread. Gmods be careful not to delete things that look like spam but are not. Usually if there is only one reported link post by the same user you should not treat it as spam

>>
Media deleted

>>23074 >No account should be able to achieve trusted account status in an 24 hour period. That does not happen anymore. I gave 100 active days for all existing IDs. Spammers have a few lingering IDs that got 100 active days, but once they use that they'll lose it forever

>>

Spam too much

>>

fuck spamer

>>

>>23022 ok nice

>>

>>23144 kek

>>

>>23145 Based Gad is based.

>>

please delete spam

>>

>>23189 >I'm impatient so ignore me please. Will do.

>>

>>23189 naw i'm good

>>

>>23018 my theory is that you are buttbroken, pedos never chilled around here really, so queer and dumb, impressive

>>

>>23022 nice bro

>>
Image Thumbnail

That feeling when you catch the spam as it happens

>>

Spammers have a few lingering IDs that got 100 active days :o

>>

>>23261 That's right, it's bad

>>

The only way to stop the spammer accounts is through email. You must verify your anon account with email. afterwards you can then delete the email or something

>>

>>23268 you can just use throw away email services then and making email confirmation necessary essentially makes this a forum at that point. im not saying that more doesn't need to be done, but reasonably we should see how all the changes gad is implementing work out once their done to jumping to something that drastic.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>23268 >what is 10 minute mail

>>

>>23268 I don't see how that will change anything. It's just one extra step for the spammer. Currently he has nothing better to do then sit around all day and post CP spam. You really think having to make a throwaway email address, even adding a confirmation email will change anything?

>>

>>23271 This would make the spammer have to use a real email and not a throwaway email. If you can't confirm the new account you can't post

>>

>>23270 You can always block certain email providers

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>

>>23274 >being this retarded So what is a real email? Yahoo? Gmail? Name one email service that you could use, while remaining anonymous that would be considered a real email service, that you can't make a new email address with, as much as you want. I still don't see how making it harder for actual users to make new accounts is going to stop spam, when the spammer is willing to do what ever an actual poster would do to post here.

>>

>>23282 https://www.safe-mail.net/ >Being that ignorant

>>

Someone posted a picture from a news article of a illegal website that has been defunct since 2013. It was repoted and removed. Why was it deleted? It was a screenshot of the website layout, nothing illegal in the image.

>>

>>23291 You answered your own question

>>

Pixel Canvas - You can place one pixel at a time with a certain cooldown, art is made so as logos. I fave chosen this fight of normalization of our people, now we are under attack pixelcanvas [dot] io/@1988,-6478 zoomout, its huge >Pic related Pink - Dark pink not made yet Green - Light pink not made yet Black - Dark pink made Red - Light pink made Zoom in to see the pixels, you can open in paint to see with Gridlines i [dot] imgur [dot] com/H5qxMVw.png The pic is this link

>>

>>23332 Guys, you can delete the swastica with pink points directly

>>

>>23309 Website layouts are highly illegal. Someone should report the news website with the screenshot.

>>

>>23268 I don't agree to email confirmation

>>

>>23410 +1

>>

Too much spam, need a handle soon

>>

Spammers send spam right here

>>

The spammer fouund a way to bypass the wait? There's a bunch of CP pics now and clickable links

>>

>>23455 Seems like it

>>

>>23455 see >>23145

>>

>>22935 Nig nog.. Duplicate post filter when? R9k filter for untrusted accounts when? >inb4 spammer changing one pixel/adding space in urls Currently spammer is posting the same exact post over and over. Daily reminder that Gad is the spammer, and has failed to do a damn thing about spam, actually he has only made it harder for new users to post images. Spammers still are posting CP all day, not to mention hundreds of reposts of the same CP links. Fix yo shit nigga.

>>

Someone mentioned email confrimation. Lets try that. All user accounts were given 100 days That were active prior to whatever, I don't remember. The fuck? There's never been more then 10 of us active posters. How about us active posters send Gad an email with our anon id's. Use a throwaway email, etc. There is a 7 day window to do so, all anon id's that don't have their accounts reset to zero. They can still post text, but are subjected to all the waiting periods/restrictions. Work with me here people, I know yall will come up with better ideas as yall always do.. Death to spammers, race war now, 1488

>>

>>23469 email confirmation won't fix it honestly. the steps that are being taken should steadily reduce the spam till its gone. email confirmation can be abused too.

>>

>>23470 Do elaborate. 8 users, all disclose their accounts anonymously.. The spammer gets all his accounts reset to zero. Or the spammer tries to get any of his accounts verified by disclosing one or more of them. Spammer continues to get any of the aforementioned accounts deleted, and any accounts associated with them

>>

>>23471 >grasping for straws with heavily flawed solution

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>23469 Reporting it won't make him read it

>>

>>23476 Just let the dumb chum do their own thing.

>>

What I'd like to know is why when we finally begin to get the spam down to manageable levels our total daily post count continues to be under 10.

>>

>>23479 There is constant CP spam still. Everytime I visit I have to spend a few minutes reporting and deleting it all.

>>

>>23476 I accidentally reported it. My bad.

>>

>>23479 >Outlander Posting isn't allowed at this time..

>>

>>23482 Then don't, Moderating the spam wont make people post more

>>

>>23485 >t. spammer

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>23486 Can confirm, Am spammer

>>

>>23482 It's nowhere near as bad as it was a month ago so you can't use that as a valid excuse anymore. I've had times where I've reported a few (literally) spam posts, leave and then return a few hours later and there'd still be nothing new on the site. That's pretty shitty. And I thought Wizchan was slow... >>23484 Registration isn't closed though.

>>

>>23513 I just deleted a shitload of CP. Your argument is invalid.

>>

>>23534 CP happens, there's no measure you can take that'll cure autism, however you can make it less annoying and easier to mod.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>23534 Define "a shitload of CP". A month ago I was reporting 10-20 pages of spam at a time. Now it's down to no more than 3 or 4 pages every single time I log on. It has gone down drastically. Just now I reported the only 4 shown on front page (I do have /test/ and /tinylotuscult blocked however). So again, your excuse(s) are not valid anymore.

>>

>>23548 > 3 or 4 pages every single time I log on. That's a shit load of CP. I also delete pages of it everytime I stop by. New users take one look at this place and never return. It always looks like an abandoned chan taken over by CP bots.

>>

>>22935 Bring back >Outlanders

>>
Media deleted

>>23469 >>23469 I have deleted 700 IDs where I'd given 100 active days, yet their post count was still at zero. A huge part of those IDs were spammer's ones, as I recognized their names

>>
Media deleted

I'll try to add some of the new moderation features in the following days, and I'll make a new global thread soon for us to discuss if spam is out of the way or not

Update 5