/global/ - Was on vacations taking a break, but no - Enrive
Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

global - /global/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

This thread has been flagged as old and contains pop-up ads.
Replying will revoke its old status.

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Image Thumbnail
Thread was moved to Off Topic

Was on vacations taking a break, but now I'm back. Before messing with more code, I want to fix the mobile layout (the content is displayed at only half of the screen size), and also give some basic board filtering and board discovery features to the front page. I am awful at CSS, so if anyone can pinpoint the solution by looking at the CSS+markup let me know.

>>

Well, it seems removing ><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=yes, initial-scale=1.0"> has fixed it. But this line has been there for years. I don't know why it started causing problems now. Please reply with the following information if you browsed enrive with mobile: 1) Did you have the problem where some content would only display at half the screen size? For example, a very lengthy post would have its containing box stop at the middle of the screen, rather than go out the way to the right to meet the UP and DOWN blue arrows. 2) Has it been fixed for you? 3) Did new problems come from this fix?

>>

I feel a bit guilty over having spent an entire month on pixel-perfecting a layout elsewhere, while I find myself too exhausted to even lift a finger to help you out, and once I'm done with said layout, I don't even want to THINK about layouts for the rest of the year. It's been exhausting. ..., so sorry.

>>

...but I'll tell you what would help: Draw up some crude examples of how you imagine a better layout to be, in MS Paint or something. That way they'll know where to start.

>>
Image Thumbnail

Wtf? Change it back tard. This is a 1000 times worse lel

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25869

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>

>>25869 >>25870 >>25871 >>25872 >>25873 While we have no specific mobile only CSS and our mobile view is nowhere near as readable as 4chan's, at least this is correct for the most part, the content is no longer being cut in the middle of the page. The post's width extends as long as there is screen resolution to show it. You have some parts that are leaking out, next to ads I implemented recently, but you also seem to be using some modified CSS, so that could be influencing it. What browser/phone are you using?

>>
Image Thumbnail

Samsung J3727R7 Samsung internet browser Dark mode It used to look great b4 Now I have to zoom and scroll across the page to see shit.

>>
Image Thumbnail

For example, this is how the site looked on 26th Dec 2019

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>

>>25889 >gad is a trap I KNEW IT

>>
Media deleted

>>25875 The problem is that the line I removed is causing the layout to get cut in half for some reason. I will try restoring the zoom part of it, and maybe things will go back to normal at your end >>25890 I am not a trap, though I do work for law enforcement in that capacity

>>

>>25891 What about now? The content is no longer broken in half, and the initial zoom has been restored. The original zoom was set at 1, which (at least on my phone) forced me to zoom out, so I tried setting at 0.65 this time. How about it? We can't have a mobile interface as good as 4chan's until CSS guy makes a mobile specific interface, so I am trying to give the best we can right now under the circumstances. At least the content stopping at mid page seems to have been fixed.

>>

uhm.. still has some horizontal scrolling. I see how that is annoying (never browse with mobile) I changed it some more, and got rid of horizontal scrolling as well. How is it now?

>>

I can still continue reducing horizontal space. It will cause you to have to scroll more vertically, but you'll have more zoomed in text without the need for any horizontal scrolling. The current zoom level seems fine for my eyes at least

>>
Media deleted

We were down for a day because I received a support ticket to remove content that did not show up on my email and I was unaware of it, and therefore ignored their limit of 24h response. From now on I will login to my host's website every day to make sure there are no unanswered tickets, so this never happens again; Everything is back to normal.

>>

>>25895 I guess that verifies one thing: When you report something, the post that you reported, is only removed FOR YOU. Everybody else can still see it. That's why there was a reply to a post that I reported/"removed" last week: It was never really removed.

>>

>>25896 What are you smoking Lay off the drugs anon, being high on life is where it is at

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25896 That's not how that works chum. If you reported something, and Gad decided to dismiss the report the post would become visible again. It would also have a blue triangle next to it, to let you know that Gad has dismissed it, and you wont be able to report it again.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25893 Good enough I suppose. Although some replies are a very small font compared to others. The way it was b4 was so much better, even tho I had to rotate my phone sideways to see some pictures or open in a new tab. That was me that complained about it on /gg/ btw. I guess that's what I get for complaining, the realization that things could always be worse.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25891 >though I do work for law enforcement in that capacity I will never forget the day you deleted that global thread b4 I could save the selfie you posted lel

>>

>>25900 I changed it a bit more trying to get the font to start bigger. Seems to be much better than it was before, but not ideal. Probably the best we can get without a mobile exclusive view. If somehow it is broken on your phone please let me know

>>

>>25899 Well, then feel free to explain to me, how a thread that I reported, GOT A REPLY ASKING FOR CP LINKS hours after it had been removed. I maybe Gadmin can still reply to removed threads?

>>

>>25903 Was it a reply to a thread, or a reply to a post? If thread, then it is possible both the OP thread and the reply were made by a spam bot, so it would not even know the thread it replied to was hidden.

>>

>>25904 It was a reply to an OP of a thread, and it didn't look like bot spam. I'm going to chalk it up to Gadmin being thirsty.

>>

any feedback on the current mobile view?

>>

>>25881

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25906 It's still shit, and you should feel bad.

>>

>>25908 rule #1

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25909 Thank you chum. At least someone here has some class.

>>
Image Thumbnail

Check em

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25865 >some basic board filtering and board discovery features to the front page. Would love to filter out all posts made by the (((pain))) tard and the TLC spammer.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25865 >back end coders aka ass pirates sage goes in all fields

>>

>>25912 He's a jew, though. If we mess with him, the JIDF will have our asses, goyim.

>>
Image Thumbnail

Fix the sekrit board Gaddy. It's not much of a sekrit anymore

>>

>>25915 ...so that you can go there? ...bringing its inhabitants up to 1? If it's really moderated, then what's the point? You not being seen by anyone? Here's an idea. It's called Notepad. Post there.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25916 Lurk 6 months before posting.

>>

>>25917 I've lurked since before 8chan, which is probably before you were born.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25918 You're embarrassing yourself chum. The sekrit board has been around longer than you have.

>>

>>25919 I don't think you even understand the meaning of "secret" there (but then again, you think the size of people's noses is some kind of indication of evil, so that's to be expected). It's a pretty retarded things to have, though: You can't tell users about this secret, because then it wouldn't be secret, but you can't keep it a secret, because then nobody would come there. ...except the secret was leaked anyway, to the point where it was the second search result on Google for a while. It was such a retarded idea that no wonder that YOU would want it back.