ccluster[a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x]

PC Gaming - /pc/[Catalog][Board FAQ]

[?]

TopBottom
Image Thumbnail

What is/are the best Simulation-based game(s) you've ever played for PC? I've owned/played: The Oregon Trail SimEarth SimCity 2000 SimCity 3000 SimCity 4 Sim Ant Sim Tower Spore Roller Coaster Tycoon + expansions Catz (Made by P.F. Magic) And out of all of them I think SimCity 4 is my favorite one. Spore is good, sure, but once you enter space mode it just gets really repetitive and the expansion for Spore is a joke. I don't know if it counts as a sim-game but I've heard the Black and White series was really good.

>>

1 - i never play sim games 2- just got pc like 5 months ago and really onlyplay stuff like skyrim on it

>>

>>4483 Offtopic but Morrowind > Skyrim

>>

>>4482 Have you tried Alpha Centauri? Not sure if it is what you are looking for

>>

>>4494 I've read up on it. I wasn't sure if the Civ type games counted because they're more strategy than sim but I am curious about AC. I've played Civilization on the SNES, a little of II on the Playstation years ago and own Civilization IV.

>>

>>4482 How about trying dwarf fortress?

>>

>>4513 Not into Roguelikes.

>>

>>4482 Sand box

>>

>>4515 ?

>>

anno 1404

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>4482 I don't know if you'll consider it simulation, but Sword of the Samurai (http://store.steampowered.com/app/327950/Sword_of_the_Samurai/) let´s you play a samurai. You can wander around disguised as a ronin, try to assassinate your enemies, marry, take quest and so on. It is different. The mini games were pretty addictive

>>

>>4581 >$6.99 on Steam ftp://91.204.149.69/Dos/Games/Games%20Collection/Sword%20of%20the%20Samurai.zip >Free

>>

>>4585 >Should probably read a guide for jumping into a game next time... There's like almost no documentation in-game from the start about how to do the mini-games. I'll look into it more later. Thanks for the suggestion though chum. I recommend checking out that ftp server I linked. There's a TON of DOS games on it you can download right off the bat. The owner also has Amiga stuff if you go up a couple of directories (with an emulator of course).

Update 5