/pc/ - Maggots. Incels. Scum. Gamers. Whatever yo - Enrive
Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

PC Gaming - /pc/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

This thread has been flagged as old and contains pop-up ads.
Replying will revoke its old status.

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Image Thumbnail
Thread was moved to Off Topic

Maggots. Incels. Scum. Gamers. Whatever you want to call yourself, why don't you just quit? Look that this bullshit: It's another Diablo clone. ANOTHER ONE! Didn't the deserts of Diablo 2 tell you anything about repetitiveness? What's wrong with you?! You point and click and shoot and loot. You've done that a thousand times now, and all you've grown is fatter and weaker. There is no reward for you here. This is you watching paint dry. Every single game is practically the same. ...except for maybe the occational game like The Witness, that comes along once every two years or so. Why are you eating garbage? Why are you sitting around pushing buttons to perform the same fucking mechanics over and over and over again? ...like some sort of dog? Just stop. Please. Go and live.

>>

>>4934 Gameplay IS about repetitiveness. A board game, an action game, a strategy game, actual IRL sports, it all about repeating the same task over and over. >There is no reward for you here. The rewarding is beating the system and making a strong character, and playing with skill. All your post can be applied to chess as well. So go outside and live having casual sex, partying, getting drunk and do drugs as if that is somehow life. I rather use most of my time for intellectual passtimes, they are nobler.

>>

>>4935 >All your post can be applied to chess as well. ...but you don't play chess. ...because it's boring. ...but video games is like they took chess, painted the board blue, and sold it back to you, and now you want to play it again. >So go outside and live having casual sex, partying, getting drunk and do drugs as if that is somehow life. ...or you can go to the fucking gym like you're supposed to. ...or work hard, like you're supposed to. >I rather use most of my time for intellectual passtimes, they are nobler. Playing games isn't even remotely intellectual. This "hand-eye-coordination" bullshit, is just a scam. It means nothing. Pushing buttons with timing is not a useful skill. You're not a fucking genius is you beat games that DSP can beat. ...and yes, that includes Dark Souls - he beat that too.

>>

>>4936 >or you can go to the fucking gym lmao, let me waste my life at the gym with the sole purpose of looking good for women. That is beta as fuck. You only live once, don't be a simp whose every single actions is juts for one thing: get inside women pants >or work hard, like you're supposed to. One can only work hard if he relax properly between working hard. Games are great way of relaxation, and unlike what you are claiming here: >Playing games isn't even remotely intellectual it is, depends on the game you play. Just like movies and books, there is intellectual stuff that does require ingenuity and intelligence to beat and understand, and there is the stuff that is just mindless and offers no challenge

>>

>>4937 >waste my life at the gym with the sole purpose of looking good for women. That's what some people do, yes, but you can also go to the gym for real, and lift to get strong, so that you can actually walk to the store without it taking half an hour because you have to stop and rest because it's so hard, and you can carry groceries without groaning like you're the undead. Going to the gym is leveling up in real life: It improves your life for real. ...or at least you can get a job so that you can improve that way. Playing video games will not improve you in any way. It will just give you the ILLUSION of self-improvement - of being somebody that you're the opposite of. ...and when your video game character gets the girl, and you wish that would be you, isn't that what you'd call being a cuck? You're literally watching them fuck in games like Witcher. Yes, it's true that muscle will get you girls, but I don't want girls. Girls are disgusting leeches. I've had a literal dozen of treacherous, sadistic, psycho girlfriends hovering my wallet, but once I started lifting, I realized that I was better than that. I became self-reliant. I acquired the muscle of two people.

>>

>One can only work hard if he relax properly between working hard. Games are great way of relaxation, and unlike what you are claiming here: You don't need to relax. Humans are living the most relaxed and luxurious lifestyles on this planet. What you need to do, is quit your dopamine addiction, and learn to appreciate your work. ...or quit for a better job. ...and if you still have an addiction, I hear that you can get pills prescribed for free (provided that you don't live in that sad backwater country United States). Imagine that: You can get the same effect as a month of video gaming, instantly, for free. >it is, depends on the game you play. Just like movies and books, there is intellectual stuff that does require ingenuity and intelligence to beat and understand, and there is the stuff that is just mindless and offers no challenge Name a game (that isn't Receiver) where just one bullet kills you - where a bullet is an actual bullet, and where you don't respawn ten meters back. ...and THEN I'll believe that you're not a pampered baby.

>>

When you're fat and out of shape, you have to stand up, and then you have to use your legs to go someplace, even if it's just within your own apartment. You have to use your right legs, and then your left leg, and then your right leg again, and then you're almost there, and then finally you can sit yourself down on the fucking toilet or wherever. ...but when you have leg muscles, you don't as much "walk", and you just travel. You just drift, almost like you're flying from place to place, effortlessly, and you only stop because you have to - not because you're tired. What's what being fit is like, gamer. What you're seeing in the video game, of somebody just running a marathon in whatever direction you point him in, that's me, baby.

>>

flagging off topic because not game discussion >except for maybe the occational game like The Witness Was it good? Jon blow blew all his braid money to ship that game gambling his whole life savings on it.

>>

>>4941 >flagging off topic because not game discussion Even an anti-gamer discussion, is a discussion about gaming. It's a topic about how there's no originality in games anymore. You have your "Diablo clones" and your "Fortnight clones" and your "Battle Royales" and your "FPS":es and your "platformers" and your kingdoms and your princesses to save from your bosses, and your levels, and your upgrades, and your stats, and your rare weapons, and it's been done to death, all of it. You can stop playing now. It's just going to be more of the same, in level after level. Put the controller down. > >except for maybe the occational game like The Witness >Was it good? Jon blow blew all his braid money to ship that game gambling his whole life savings on it. It was fucking boring at times, and fucking attrocious in 1-2 places, but it was a unique experience, and if you want something INTELLECTUAL, that actually activates your brain, then The Witness was something special - something tranquil and wonderful.

>>

>>4942 I mean how many times have you played a game where you have a gun, and you point it at bad guys, and you click to shoot? ...and you do that a thousand times over, in just one game? There's hundreds of other things that you can do in real life that's more original and complex, and actually yields something, but no, you chose to point and click, and point and click, all the while the game tells you that you're the best, like it's blowing you under the table like a $40 whore.

>>

>>4942 >Even an anti-gamer discussion, is a discussion about gaming Still, it is much simpler to have a rule set where only actual discussion of a specific game is on topic here. It is the main purpose of the board, and I don't want that content having to compete or share space with other types of threads that can still feel on topic like this one. Otherwise we risk having most board pages not being about direct game discussion and I feel that would bring the quality of the board down, detracting from its core. We are here after all because we do enjoy games and we play them

>>

>>4944 I've stopped enjoying games, though. I want to tell gamers that it's a waste of time. I've played something like 300 games in my life, and I don't know if it's because I've already played it all, but it feels like there's hundreds of games released every year, and still nothing worth my time. I've already decided that I'll quit buying games altogether. I don't lift enough weights as it is.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>4945 Play EYE Divine Cybermancy on hardest difficulty and you'll enjoy games again. Bonus points if you can solve what the story is actually about by looking at all the game evidence

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>4945 pick one >>4943 play quake live and win against someone skilled then you can say you just point it at bad guys and shoot

>>

>>4946 >Play EYE Divine Cybermancy on hardest difficulty and you'll enjoy games again. It's a question whether I WANT to enjoy games again, though. I don't want to enjoy wasting my life away in front of a screen. I am very happy conquering real life instead. Also, I'm not falling for any recommendations again. Humans have shit for taste. >pick one I pick the one guy who has lived a full good life due to his well-trained cardiovascularity - the one who actually lived his life, instead of a video game character's life - the one whose life hasn't been a complete mass-fabricated LIE. Gamers are losers in every way. >play quake live and win against someone skilled then you can say you just point it at bad guys and shoot I'm not talking about a lack of challenge in this particular context, but of a lack of invention. After the hundreth gun game I'm pretty fucking sick of gun games. Maybe people should stop making gun games, especially since they suck at it to begin with. ...because even in multiplayer versus multiplayer games, you will typically have health bars, producting unrealistic cartoon tactics where you just run around like a maniac without a care in the world. "...because it's fun." Well I didn't ask for fun. If I play a gun game, it's to learn to survive a gunfight. I'm not interested in "fun". Don't sell me the idea of a gun game if you have no interest in portraying it accurately. I'm not like these OTHER retards, who play Metal Gear.

>>

>>4948 >I pick the one guy who has lived a full good life due to his well-trained cardiovascularity Buy VR and play space pirate trainer and other physically intensive games. Better than lifting weights like a dumbfuck who has a dumbell for a brain

>>

EYE does look kind of interesting, but it's still too much of a Diablo clone. If you like strange games, and don't mind it being terribly, TERRIBLY boring, then you can play Pathologic. I hear a sequel is in the works.

>>

>>4949 >Buy VR and play space pirate trainer and other physically intensive games. ...or I can learn to cope with reality like a normal person. It's fucking real life. It's a pretty low bar to set. ...but maybe you can get away with being retarded if you're a non-pedo normie and people aren't out to get you in real life. Me, I have higher standards to live up to. I want to be able to defend and assert myself, so that I don't end up being some bitch who other people push around. I want to know my place in the world, and not insolently dream about being some magical champion that I don't deserve to be. >Better than lifting weights like a dumbfuck who has a dumbell for a brain That's a pretty retarded insult. Do you have a VR set for a brain? My IQ is pretty high. Lifting weights is an intelligent thing to do. It improves your quality of life, while video games only destroys it, just like drugs do. Video games are virtual drugs. Much of the internet is just virtual drugs. Most entertainment just rots your mind. ...but if you're weak-minded, then go ahead. Live in your fantasy world until somebody breaks into your house and kills you, or you die from a heart attack. It's your choice.

>>

>>4951 >That's a pretty retarded insult. I was just messing. But seriously, you should live a life that makes you truly happy. I've met many people who had the same opinion of you that games were a waste of time, and they enjoyed it but refused to play, and they were all unhappy people full of passive aggressiveness. You have to be able to balance work/production with entertainment or your life will be miserable. If not playing games at all works for you ok, just don't become a rancorous person because you deny yourself what you need.

>>

>>4952 >But seriously, you should live a life that makes you truly happy. Why? Why on Earth would I live to make myself happy? Happiness is just a serotonin response. You can get it prescribed from a doctor, and just lie in your bed being happy and content all day. I've done that. It was awful. It was literally insane to go over being raped in my head, and then just conclude "...and I am happy now.". If you're not getting happy from a real world source, you're just lying to yourself. You're just a schizoid serotonin addict. I love being unhappy. Unhappiness is a drive that makes you accomplish things. I fully embrace pain in my life, because pain drives me to become strong, while happiness will just make you weak and pathetic. >they were all unhappy people full of passive aggressiveness. Yeah, and probably more productive and powerful than you were, weren't they? Notice how their bellies didn't touch their legs, and how their necks weren't the girth of their heads? ...because they have a higher purpose than jerking off.

>>

(Continued) >You have to be able to balance work/production with entertainment or your life will be miserable. People have managed just fine before video games and the internet. The human mind will only grow stronger from a lack of entertainment, especially when it's an entertainment based on lies. Maybe you should worry about things like personal safety, and being able to do daily chores, before you sit down to play games like a child. >don't become a rancorous person But I love being a rancorous person. I was made into a rancorous person. I am not a happy person. I am an angry, bitter, resentful person, and I love it. I settle for more. I aspire. I train. I become strong. I accomplish. Fucking EVERYONE should get raped, if that's what it takes for people to get out of their chairs and live life.

>>

>>4953 >Yeah, and probably more productive and powerful than you were, weren't they? no, they lived bad lives so far

>>

>>4955 >bad lives I'm not trusting a hedonist nigger to tell me what a "bad life" is.